Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Tisket, A Tasket, A Beautiful Amish Basket

My birthday was last month.
I don't mind getting older, not one bit.
With age comes wisdom & Lord knows, I need all of that I can get.

I was blessed with beautiful cards, all with sweet messages written inside.
I had a flower delivery, a couple flower deliveries, in fact.
One was a bouquet of tiger lilies & the other a mixed bouquet
with the brightest daisies I'd ever seen.
I got some money from my momma ... to buy myself something 'pretty'.
I enjoyed every phone call & Facebook message.
I was even treated to lunch, a dinner out, a day of shopping & some awesome new PJ's!

I wanted to share with you this beautiful basket that I was given ...
from a dear friend who knows me well.




She made me an Amish-themed basket, full of delightful goodies!



Isn't this SO beautiful!?!
I love these beautiful layers.
& when it's emptied, I'll have the perfect juice jar!






Nestled in the basket was a Paula Deen candle & a set of recipe cards.
I love this whole basket so much that I can't bring myself to take it apart ...
well, until this evening.
I'll be baking up a batch of these cookies {Country Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies}
for tonight's dessert.
I'll share the recipe tomorrow.

& last, but so not the least, was this beautiful bookmark, cross stitched just for me!!



It was inside the book, The Simple Life - Devotional Thoughts from Amish Country.
What a thoughtful gift, one that I will treasure always.

Each time this bookmark moves from page to page, book to book, I will have a sweet reminder of my dear friend who has exemplified a friend who truly loves at all times.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely and beautiful basket. I just love homemade gifts so much better. You can feel the care and love put into them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it though?! A homemade gift pulls on the heartstrings for sure. It was a blessing to recieve.

    Thank you for your comment, Valencia.

    ReplyDelete