Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Daybook ~ Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Outside my window ~ It's a dreary spring  almost spring day. The raindrops are running down the window.  Looks like the rain is here to stay.


Around the house ~ I'm blogging at the dining room table today...hanging out w/my boys as they school.  Housework & laundry was completed yesterday, so today is free for crafting, blogging & scrapbooking.


Gunnar hard at work on Geometry

I am listening to ~ Garrett singing as he gets his pizza out of the oven.


I am thankful for ~ the moments of refreshment in my spirit...those little nuggets that I know God is placing in my path to strengthen & encourage me.


Pondering these words Courtney at Women Living Well blogged this on Sunday:
"I think this is hard for a reason.  God is making sure I don't think I can do this in my own strength.  He is keeping me humbled so I will learn to persevere in prayer.  It seems I forget to pray on my knees when we take 2 steps forward....But on days when we are one step back, I am reminded I am weak. He is strong."


I am remembering ~ not to 'sweat the small stuff' ... not to make molehills into mountains.... not to be reactionary.


Looking forward to ~ a shopping trip on Saturday with a treasured friend & her daughter.

Gina & Brianne

I am noticing ~  how tax check money tends to burn holes in people's pockets ;)

I am thinking ~ maybe I shouldn't have disclosed what I am noticing ;)

From the kitchen ~ I just put together my 1st ever pot of Chicken Tortilla Soup!  It's smelling soo good as it simmers on the stove.  Hopefully, I can eat on that for the next couple days & have a nice loss at WW!

I am going ~ nowhere & I'm quite happy about it!  I'll be out & about later in the week {heading to Calvary Tab to for IBC Music Fest}, but as for today, I'm staying in out of the rain.


I am hoping ~ to accomplish alot.  Seems like I move at a snail's pace when I blog or scrapbook =(


One of my favorite things:  decorating.  I think I've completed the 'springing' up of our home & I'll blog & post pics in a few days.  Here's a sneak peek.


new flower arrangement for dining room table


I am reading:  several books, as always. 
Right now, I'm particularly enjoying The Simple Life - Devotional Thoughts From Amish Country by Wanda E. Brunstetter.  Here's an excerpt:  Lamps do not talk; they shine.


A picture thought to share ~ Had to try the Chicken Tortilla Soup {it is lunchtime}


Today's scripture: Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the LORD.    Psa 4:5

No comments:

Post a Comment