Thursday, February 23, 2012

Be a DAY MAKER!

"Often we set out to make a difference in the lives of others only to discover 
we have made a difference in our own."
-- Ellie Braun-Haley

My sweet sister-in-law emailed me a beautiful video a few weeks back.
It bought me to tears ... & made me think.
It's a one minute clip, full of wisdom.
You have to take time out & watch this ... you must.



Wow, I'd say this young lady made his day!
 
Now, a few hours later, on the very same day, a video showed up in my Facebook
sent from my loyal, 'through thick & thin' friend.
It made me tear up too, but put the biggest smile on my face ... 
& in my heart.
She had just officially 'made my day'!
Here's what she sent.

 
If that won't put a smile on your face, I don't know what will!!

So, between the 2 videos, I was really impacted & I got to thinkin' ...
what does it take to be a DAY MAKER?

I say it's much simpler than we think.

It's as easy as taking time out of your day to be kind ... either in word or deed.
It's following through when your heart tells you to do something.

Here are a few ideas:
  • a phone call just to say hello ... or I love you
  • a card in the mail ... for no reason at all
  • a note tucked under the pillow ... to your hubs or the kiddos
  • an encouraging email message or a text 
  • a special song on Youtube sent it to someone you love
  • a favorite snack or treat, just because  

 "We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, 
ignore the small daily differences we can make which, over time, add up to 
big differences that we often cannot foresee."
-- Marian Wright Edelman 

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, 
an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring: all of which have the potential 
to turn a life around."
-- Leo Buscaglia


It's often the smallest gestures, done at just the right times that can turn a day around.
I can't tell you the number of times that I've gotten a note or a card that was just exactly 
the boost in my spirit that I needed.

{In fact, yesterday & today, I received thee sweetest note from a blog reader that 
I will cherish always.
It came right on time.} 

This scripture comes to mind:
A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver. Proverbs 25:11

You can do something to bring a smile, to touch a heart, to change a life.
Go out there & be a DAY MAKER!


1 comment:

  1. So true.... It's the little things in life that keep people going... And it's the little things that tend to get overlooked because we place so little value on it..

    ReplyDelete