Wednesday, December 19, 2012

My Cinnamon-Sugar Jar

 


When our twins were in kindergarten {12 yrs ago}, their class {all 6 of them} 
made these for Christmas gifts.
{Our sons attended a Christian school for a few years before we began homeschooling.}
It's a glass baby food jar, filled with a cinnamon-sugar mixture.

It had a pretty square of Christmas-themed material covering the lid, 
& was all tied up with a matching ribbon.

To this day, this jar has not left my pantry shelf.
It's been refilled many, many times, & has been used quite regularly {as you can tell} ...
& I'll probably be using it for years to come.
I'll probably be telling my grandchildren someday of how their daddies 
made me the cinnamon-sugar jar for Christmas.

To them, it was a little glass treasure to give to their momma.
I'll never forget their excitement when they gave it to me that Christmas.

To me, it's still a little glass treasure ... & a sweet memory that warms my heart 
each time I think of it.

It's small moments like this in which I'm reminded how much I've been blessed.
 

It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air.  ~W.T. Ellis
 
He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.  ~Roy L. Smith

Here are my sweet boys, taken in '98 {I believe}
 

No comments:

Post a Comment