Monday, February 2, 2015

Hello February & Other Random Chitter Chatter



I've been 42 for 6 days.
I think I'll toast to that.

|| That & it's already February.
Are you even kidding me?! ||






Ever had bananas sliced up in a drink?
Me either.
Must be a 42-year-old thing to do ;)
I love my sugar-free drinks & this one is a fave.





I usually top off a glass with fresh or frozen berries, but today for some odd reason, 
I thought of using a banana instead.
WOW -- I love it!
Feels all tropical ... all coco-cabana.

Seems like my spring fever officially starts in February.
I'm sure the drink is a clear indication.
{I don't decorate much for Valentine's Day ... I'd like to, but I don't.}
About mid-month, I get down my totes that are filled with spring decor & I get started.
I generally use tulips, birds, moss, greens, & yellows.
My green curtains in the living room really pop when the spring items are all out.




Lastly & a bit random, I started something at the end of last year 
expressly to be a blessing to my sweet husband.

Every week, I iron 10-15 of his shirts.
I hang them in his closet, all ready for him to wear.
To keep them separate from the shirts that haven't been ironed,
I use 2 clothes pins.
I clip one to the clothes rack on either side of the ironed shirts.




You know what's great?
What I'm doing to be a blessing to him
is really a blessing to me!

He is so grateful for all the ironed shirts & he tells me quite often.
I know that this act of service, that takes only a little time & effort on my part,
makes his day easier.
What {good} wife doesn't want to be a help to her husband?
Mine works hard, puts in long hours, deals with lots of clients, customers,
employees & on top of all that, he pastors our church.
In addition, he's a wonderful, attentive husband & the best dad from here to Texas.
Anything that I can do to make his load lighter, I'm very glad to do it.

I read once that oftentimes, a husband just wants a wife that's nice.
That's pretty simple & straightforward.  
They just want a wife that's nice.

Since it's February, the month of love, I challenge you to just be nice.
That can be expressed in a variety of ways.
Pick a few & put them into practice.
Today til February 14 {til forever, really}, ROCK THEIR WORLD!
Are you with me?!


taken in Gatlinburg, TN  \\   January 2015


taken in Gatlinburg, TN  \\   January 2014


He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the LORD.
Proverbs 18:22


...let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.
1 John 3:18


Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.  
Ephesians 4:32


Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.
Philippians 2:4






Who doesn't love a good party?!
You can find me here linking up with these great blogs.

Monday           C.R.A.F.T    Amaze Me Monday  The Dedicated House
                     I Should Be Mopping the Floor     The Hankful House     The Modest Mom
Tuesday        A Delightsome Life   A Bowl Full of Lemons    Titus Tuesday      A Stroll Through Life
Wednesday   Raising Homemakers        Savvy Southern Style         Adorned From Above
                    The Thrifty Home   A Wise Woman Builds Her Home
Thursday    Between Naps on the Porch   Serving Joyfully     Lamberts Lately
Friday      Rooted in Thyme  The Thrifty Groove   Farm Blog Hop  Best of the Nest
               French Country Cottage  The Girl Creative
Sunday    Nifty Thrifty Things  Sew Many Ways

No comments:

Post a Comment