Monday, June 1, 2015

June Blooms


credit


In June
I saw a charming group
of roses all begin
to droop.
I pepped them up
with chicken soup!
Sprinkle once
sprinkle twice
sprinkle chicken soup
with rice.


a poem from one of my favorite authors
Chicken Soup with Rice ~ A Book of Months
by Maurice Sendak



I think the 'June' month in this delightful book is my favorite.


The mere thought of pepping up my little 'Knock Out' Rose bush
with chicken soup with rice makes me giggle.


Some of the blooms are fading, while others are in their prime.


 And the anticipation of all these little buds opening makes me happy.
This bush is loaded with them.

And if I decide to experiment with chicken soup as a fertilizer,
I'll let you know ;)

Ha - imagine the buzz that would create in Blogland & in Pinterestville.

Happy June 1st, everyone~



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful pink color! Chicken soup with rice...you might be on to something ;-)
    Lori from LL Farm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to imagine that, huh?! Thanks for your visit & comment!

      Delete
  2. Your 'Knock Out' Roses look divine among the vinca vines! Wish my rose bushes did as beautifully as yours :) Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the combo of the two. I am so happy we planted the bush. Thanks for visiting, Poppy!

      Delete