Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Evenings Are Spent At Home


I NEVER spend evenings away from home.  Never.  Tonight, as my older sons & I ran a quick errand, it felt so awkward to be out & about ... without my husband...or the whole family.
 When our children were little, out of necessity, I would wait until James came home from work to run errands.  He would keep the boys at home while I did the grocerying, etc.    It would give me some 'quiet' time...& give the lil' guys 'one-on-one' time with Daddy.


My heart, however, was always back at home.  I'd hurry through the stores as fast as I could go, just so I could get back.  I didn't want to miss a thing.  One trip to Kroger usually constituted at least 2-3 phone calls...ya know, just to make sure everything was alright;)  Of course, it always was.

As the boys have gotten older, our routine is much different.  Being a homeschooling family gives us the opportunity to get our schooling done, run errands...& still get home in time to cook dinner before James comes home.

This is how I like it.  I like our evenings to be spent together.  I closely guard our 'family' time, resisting the things that pull us here & there...away from one another. 

This is how James likes it.  After working outside the home all day long, he wants us to be here when he's here. 

We sit down together for dinner EVERY night....at the table.  We have heart to heart conversations & we laugh ... alot!  James leads us in family worship every evening (that's the feeding of the spiritual man & is vitally important).


Deu 6:7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.



I have a picture hanging on our dining room wall that says:  We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Without a doubt, our evenings together are the best part of our day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment