Monday, May 2, 2011

Decorating for Spring ~ The Kitchen

And for the final installment in this little spring decorating series, it's the kitchen!

I found a couple new, super cute things that I've added to some of my existing items.
I'm really liking the fresh & springy look.

Here's how it ended up:



I always wanted under-the-counter lighting but haven't had any installed just yet.
I found this little lamp & decided to give it a try.
With a 25-watt bulb, it gives off a soft glow in the evening ... I think it's a keeper.
I sat it, along with the new porcelain chicken {2.99}, on a few of my favorite
cookbooks to give it some height.
I especially love the shabby chic chalkboard {TJ Maxx $7.99}.
I keep a scripture or encouraging quote written on it.



My antique blue mason jar became a great place for this new bunch of $1 tulips.

I wanted to use another one of my antique jars {given to me by my m-i-l}, so I bought
some inexpensive greenery, clipped it apart & made this little arrangement.
It sits on the window sill.




All the items on the top of the cabinets were moved from other parts of the house ...
the china cabinet, the living room, etc.
Using them in a whole new setting makes them seem like new again.


I need some plastic brown-speckled eggs for my basket, huh?!



I found these curtains {the whole set} on the clearance rack at Walmart ... marked $7.
They rang up for $5!
I'll keep these up til fall.




This springy look will carry into summer, probably til it's time to put out the pumpkins,
goards, & scarecrows.

4 comments:

  1. How lovely.... Maybe I can spruce up a corner of my kitchen and try to block out the chaos that's happening in the rest of the house! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Shannon ... & oh how I can relate to that feeling! LOL. Right now, I've got so many projects that need starting. We need to repaint the office & redecorate too, but I've just not been up to starting just yet. I think I'll just keep hanging out in the kitchen;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love little lamps in the kitchen. They add light and warmth. All your little vignettes look great. Love the mason jar. Don't you love clearance finds. These days we all have to save how we can. Following you now.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you =) Every thing you mentioned, I totally love! Also, thank you for following!! Blessings to you, Elaine!

    ReplyDelete