Monday, May 23, 2011

$ Stretching Your Dollar $



Everyone wants to save money, right?
With gasoline prices at an all-time high & the price of EVERTHING on the rise, many
are exploring new ways to save ... & ultimately, stretch that dollar as far as possible.

I have always been on the frugal side {otherwise know as thrifty &/or cheap}.
There seems to have always been an unseen force drawing me to all things sale & clearance.
My thought process has always been 'why pay more when you don't have to!!'
As a little girl, I would save my money & then patiently wait until the item
I wanted finally went on sale.
I specifically remember the yellow, red & purple purse I bought at Kmart ...
just as excited about the sale as I was for the purse!

I had some good training.
I watched my Dad work hard for his money ... & I watched my Mom respect that
by being conscious of how she spent it.
She was demonstrating to me what a Proverbs 31 woman was all about.

10Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
 11The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
 12She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.

Now that I'm grown, with a husband & children of my own, I'm so grateful for these
skills I began to learn at a young age.
I've added to them many times over, gleaning from many good teachers,
learning to manage our home well ...
learning ways that help us to thrive, not just survive.

Over the next few weeks, I will be sharing several blogs specifically
about saving money.
I'll share my thoughts & tips on shopping, couponing, simple living, & cutting costs
in all areas of life.
I hope to be an encouragement & will answer any questions along the way.
Any time spent in bettering our household is time well spent.
It brings honor to our husband & to our Saviour as we strive diligently in this,
our high calling.

 27She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
 28Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to this! I saw a show on TLC last night called Extreme Couponing, it was unbelievable how much they saved on groceries. I don't know if I'll ever be that extreme but I'd love some new ideas on how to save money. I think one of the biggest things for myself is being content with what I have.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Julianne
    http://theyareneweverymorning.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a couponer...have been for years...way before this recent craze due to the extreme show. And yes, extreme is about the only way to describe it!! LOL
    I like to call it unrealistic. I've only seen it a time or 2, then decided no more.
    I've been doing a bit of reading about it on various couponing blogs & my suspicions were confirmed.
    The stores are breaking their own policies for the publicity.
    This causes newbies to think they can get HUGE savings like they've seen on tv.
    When the system is abused, then the crack-down starts {& we're already seeing that}.
    I'm happy to stick to my realistic couponing;)
    From Jan-April of this year, I had almost $400 in savings in paper/manu grocery coupons alone {not counting my rewards/store card savings}.

    ReplyDelete