Thursday, April 11, 2013

My PANTLE, in parts.

I've heard to be respected in blogland that it's all about keeping it 'real'.
I understand that thought process, in regards to making sure you don't present your life
as waaaay too perfect & in essence, alienating all the 'normal' folks whose lives are sometimes
messy, unscripted, & one turn short of a roller coaster ride.
I get it.

Buuuut, that being said, I will confess ... I do not like posting pics of a messy house,
unfinished projects, or the topsy-turvy that is as real in my world as it is in anyone else's world.
It's kinda like looking at a magazine.
Would you pick up Better Homes & Gardens & expect to see a half-finished project
or a room that's in disarray?
Uh ...naaah.

Of course all homes are messy from time to time.
Of course there are unfinished/on-going projects ...
{around here lately, way to many for my comfort zone.
I always seem to be waaay over-ambitious in this area.}

I just don't want to post pics of those things.
Now, please don't think I'm passing judgment if you do!
Believe me, nothing annoys me more than a social media/blog 'police'.
By all means, post as many pics of your messy home as you want ;)

The point I'm trying to make, in my usual fashion of saying a lot just to say a little, is...
because of the way I choose to blog, I don't get on as many posts as others cause it seems to take
me a while to finally get all my projects completed.
Seems like there's always just one more thing to do ... or to buy ... or to make.
Sigh.

For instance, I've wanted to show you my 'PANTLE' for a few weeks now,
but I just can't seem to finish 2 things!
One, I can't find the right size round candles for my candelier.
Two, I can't seem to figure out how to hang my wreath to suit me.

I could post pics of it as is ...ya know, missing candles & awkward hanging wreath,
but see, that's just not how I roll.
It bugs me enough as it is ...why would I want to subject you to it?! ;)
See, I'm doing you a favor.
That's what it is ;)

So, until it's finished & I can show you the whole 'Ta-da', I'll show you snippets.
That'll work, right?

This little owl pretty much steals the show, right?!


The chippy window frame, the chippy wire basket, the chippy owl ... ahh ... what's not to love?
Are you picking up on the fact that I'm a chippy fanatic?
What gave me away?
And for the green tulips ... I seriously set out to find green tulips not knowing if I'd find them.
I nearly did a happy dance in the store when I did.


Meet No. 98.
He found his way into my cart at TJ Maxx.
It has a square glass jar inside for a candle to sit in.
Adorbs, huh?


And tomorrow, if by chance I haven't found candles or properly displayed my wreath,
I'll divert again & show you another favorite thing on my PANTLE.
See the little faces in the little frames right behind No. 98?
Wait til you see that!

Partying here & there:
Savvy Southern Style

10 comments:

  1. Pantle, that's a new one on me. I hate it when a project takes forever to pull together because you have something in mind and can't find it. But even worse is when you procrastinate because you have no idea at all. Good luck on finishing it up so you can show us the magazine-spread photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may think that the owl steals the show, but I am in love with your chippy bucket!


    Big Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a silly name, I know ~ a piano as a mantle: pantle ;) And that's just about as funny as thinking my house would ever look like a magazine spread photo! Thank you for stopping by & visiting =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's pretty cute too, huh?! Thanks so much for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love it. The tulips are absolutely fabulous. I love, love, love them, and the owl is just the cutest. I would love for you to link this to my Inspire Me Tuesday party that is ongoing - -http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/04/160th-inspire-me-tuesday.html


    Hope to see you there. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you put the tulips into the wire basket. I have some wire baskets and don't know what to put in them!

    Gwen @ http://simplygwen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Marty. Tulips make me smile =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wasn't sure it would work out, but I liked it! I usually put decorative balls of some sort, but get tired of that after a while. Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christine at FirstHomeLoveLifeApril 30, 2013 at 7:49 PM

    So pretty! I'd love for you to come link up this and some of your other projects at my new party!

    http://www.firsthomelovelife.com/2013/05/house-party-1-b-y-o-p.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you ~ and I'll have to come check it out. Thanks for the invite!

    ReplyDelete