Monday, April 7, 2014

Homemade Granola Munch





I have this super sweet friend  ...
and she introduced me to this wonderfully delicious granola.

It pushes all the right buttons.

There is one downfall though & I'd be remiss not to warn ya.
The culprit is stated right there in the name.

Munch.

You can.not.stop munching on this once you get started.
Trust me ... ya just can't.
You can even ask my sons.
They can't stay out of it.



The ingredients are:

1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup honey
4 1/2 cup oats
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup chocolate chips {I especially like the mini-chips in this recipe}




And it couldn't be more simple.

In a saucepan over low-medium heat, melt the butter, peanut butter & honey til smooth.
Remove from heat & add the vanilla, oats, & nuts.
Stir til combined &  let it cool completely before adding the chocolate chips.
Course, if you want to start munching all the sooner, stick it into the fridge to cool even faster.



This is a loose, soft granola & is perfect for munching just like this.
But, it's also great spooned over yogurt ... or my personal fave is to eat it sprinkled over a banana.
It's thee perfect snack.




And there's just something about making granola from scratch that makes you feel
hardcore homemaker.
Like 'brag to your friends ... yea, I make my own granola' kind of homemakerish.
;)






Who doesn't love a party?!
You can find me here linking up with these great blogs.

Monday     DIY Home Sweet Home    The Girl Creative     C.R.A.F.T     The Modest Mom
Tuesday    A Delightsome Life   A Bowl Full of Lemons    Titus Tuesday      A Stroll Through Life
Wednesday   Raising Homemakers        Savvy Southern Style         Adorned From Above
                   Women Living Well    The Thrifty Home     A Wise Woman Builds Her Home
Thursday    Between Naps on the Porch   Making Home Base      Serving Joyfully     Lamberts Lately
Friday    The Dedicated House   Rooted in Thyme    French Country Cottage
              The Thrifty Groove     Farm Blog Hop
Sunday    Nifty Thrifty Things    Suburbsmama    Sew Many Ways


1 comment:

  1. You had me at munch! Looks delicious, Angela! I'd love to make this with my kids one day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete