Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Our Thanksgiving Table

It was our turn this year to host the Thanksgiving dinner
for my side of the family {the Alexanders}.
There were 17 of us, in total.
Everyone was here ... & that alone is something to be grateful for.
{Even Tiffiny got to come home from SC, bringing Dan for us all to meet}.



The table was all put together the night before.
Boy, was I ever thankful for finding all these pumpkins & gourds
at the market for 10 cents each!
What a lovely addition they made to the table, especially the pumpkin topiaries!
I wanted centerpieces that could stay on the table during dinner
without being too big or obtrusive.
I had a 'lightbulb' moment & put these topiaries together.... & they were perfect!







We had an outstanding dinner, as usual.
We are all good cooks, even if I have to say so myself;)
Our momma taught us well.


Brining the turkey was the way to go!  My dad said it was the best turkey he'd ever had!

James carved it up so pretty!  Also pictured is the homemade stuffing {made with bread}.
Our menu consisted of:  turkey, dressing, noodles, mashed potatoes, gravy, ham, shrimp, rolls, deviled eggs, broccoli salad, confetti salad, sweet potatoe casserole, green beans, corn, pumpkin pie, cookies, turtles, fudge, cranberry salad, & heavenly delicious dessert.
And honestly, I could be forgetting something! 


Mom's delicious homemade noodles...everyone's favorites.

Lisa's tasty ham

Don't know if the guys would know what to do if my brother didn't bring the shrimp!!
And although our bellies were as full as could be {too full}, our hearts were even 'fuller' ;)
We thoroughly enjoyed everyone's company, from start to finish.
These are the days when memories are made....days we'll look back on & treasure... the life, love & laughter.

Dad & Mom heading up the line.
my nieces: Tiffiny, Erica & Natalie  {love these girls}
May our hearts be grateful all year long.
Hebrews 13:15   ...let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually  ... the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

2 comments:

  1. Mom & Dad both make these wonderful noodles, but do not follow a recipe. I need to just watch them make these sometime, measure the ingredients & write it all down. I'll share the recipe when I do.

    ReplyDelete