Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes

Wanna 'spice' up your usual pancakes?
This recipe is sure to do it.
They couldn't be easier to make ... & are perfect for this time of year.
I made a batch of these when we were camping last weekend & Gunnar declared they were the best pancakes EVER! =)

I'll share my recipe 1st.
Mine is a short-cut, 'cheater' recipe...ya know, minimal effort & ready-made ingredients.

Stir together a batch of pancake batter, according to the box directions.
(I usually buy my pancake mix at Aldi.  All you add to the mix is water).

To the batter, stir in canned pumpkin & a sprinkle of cinnamon.
(I used approx. 1/2 cup of pumpkin & 1 tsp. cinnamon to 3 cups batter- adjust either of these according to taste or amount of batter needed).


Now, if you'd prefer to make pumpkin pancakes from scratch, here's the recipe:

2 c. all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 3/4 c. milk
3 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 c. canned pumpkin
1/4 cooking oil

Combine all dry ingredients in lg. bowl.  In second bowl, combine eggs & remaining ingredients.  Combine mixtures til slightly lumpy.  Cook on lightly greased griddle or skillet.  Yields 16 pancakes.

I'll be trying out this recipe too.

No comments:

Post a Comment