Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 3 ~ 30 Days of Thanks


James took this on the Isle of Palms, SC ~ vacation 2011



Ever been worried or anxious for the future?
We've all been there, probably more than we'd like to admit.
Whether it be concerning our own life or the lives of our children,
we want to know the plan.
We want it all laid out in front of us, every twist & turn on this journey of life.
Nothing unexpected.
No surprises.

During times of distress or in those situations when we don't have the answers,
we can turn to the Word for comfort.

2 Samuel reminds me that God is my strength & power, & HE makes my way perfect!
The way that seems so unclear ... he promises to make perfect.

I am so thankful for God's perfect plan.
My best intentions fail.
My plans often unravel & come up short ... but never the plans of the Almighty.

I love the scripture in Jeremiah 29:11 that says 'I know the thoughts that
I think toward you ... thoughts of peace & not of evil, to give you a future & a hope.'
I can be glad that my hope is in the Lord!

I can trust my life into the hands of a God who has been making arrangements
for me since long before I was born.
He's never unprepared.
My past does not worry Him ... nor my present surprise Him.
And my future, it's no mystery to Him.
I have a part in His plan ... one with eternal purpose.

How precious also are Your thoughts toward me, O God! 
How great is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they would be more  in number than the sand.
Psalm 139:17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment