Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas Tree from Scraps & Burlap



I am in love with this little scrappy & burlappy framed Christmas tree!
I was feeling crafty & this is the end result.


Here's how easy it was:
First, choose your frame.
I started with one of the frames that I distressed with soap & spray paint.
If you didn't catch the easy how-to instructions for that on my previous post, check it out here.


Next, remove the backing & hot glue on whatever fabric you want for the background.


I decided to go with burlap.


Next you'll replace the frame & fastened it accordingly.
The glass isn't needed for this project, so do with it as you like.



Now to the choosing of the fabric for the scrappy Christmas tree...
I wanted to work with browns & tans, as I made this as a gift for my friend Jody.
I was inspired by the colors of her kitchen remodel & I thought she may want to sit this on her cabinet ledge.



I cut/tore my fabric into small squares, roughly based on the size I envisioned for the tree.


Finally, I began arranging them on the burlap until I got them just right, & then hot glued them on.
I glued just at the top of the fabric squares so the bottom would be loose, 
fluffing out to give some dimension.


And last but not least, every tree needs a topper!
And since rosettes {Shabby Bowtique} are what I do, it was a given. 
The addition of the brown feathers finished it off perfectly.


And you know what's great about this project?
You still have time to put one together before Christmas gets here!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Who doesn't love a party?!
You can find me here linking up with these great blogs.

Monday         Make It Yourself Monday        The Better Mom       C.R.A.F.T     
Tuesday    A Bowl Full of Lemons    Titus Tuesday      A Stroll Through Life
Wednesday   Raising Homemakers        Savvy Southern Style         Adorned From Above
                   Women Living Well    The Thrifty Home     A Wise Woman Builds Her Home
Thursday    Making Home Base      Serving Joyfully     Lamberts Lately
Friday     French Country Cottage   The Thrifty Groove      Farm Blog Hop
Sunday    Nifty Thrifty Things    Suburbsmama    Sew Many Ways

9 comments:

  1. I love this distressed look. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this, how cute and super clever and creative. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! a really nice and different take on the regular Tree ;-) I can never get my rosette's that pretty looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another adorable and creative project from you! Thanks for sharing at TTF! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing with Adorned From Above’s Link Party. We love having your join the fun.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete