Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Skinny Cake


We've been getting healthy around here & with that, we've been trying a variety of new recipes.
We totally hit the jackpot with this one.
I've made it several times, shared it several times, & have gotten rave reviews every.single.time.
It's super easy & my favorite things about it, it's SO moist!

Here's all you need:
1 box cake mix & 12 ounces of diet soda.

Serious.
That's it!
No eggs, no oil, no water ... the dry cake mix & soda.

It doesn't matter what flavor cake or what flavor soda.
You pick what suits you or use what you have in your pantry.

I've made the chocolate with Coke Zero, french vanilla with diet Cherry 7-Up,
butter pecan with diet cream soda ...the possibilities are endless.

Mix the 2 ingredients together & pour into a 9 x 13 pan sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake for 25 minutes at 350.
{If you'd prefer cupcakes, this makes approximately 24}

I frost my cake with one of these 2 options ... whichever I'm in the mood for:

8 ounce tub of Cool Whip   OR
8 ounce tub of Cool Whip mixed with 1 small box of instant fat free/sugar free dry pudding mix

The cake has a similar taste & fluffiness as an angel food cake ...
so to me, it tastes great to me absolutely plain with no icing at all.


**Calories for 1 cupcake {or a similar size piece of cake} iced w/cool whip pudding mixture = 110!

Thus the name:  Skinny Cake!






4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never have thought of that! But it sounds interesting, I might just have to try that... today! Thanks for sharing!

    -Cole
    http://youngmommymemoirs.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Monday's are especially good days for cake ;)

    ReplyDelete