Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Saving on groceries without tons of planning!


It's been quite a while since I've posted about saving money at the grocery store,
but I got such good deals yesterday that I wanted to share a quick post showing you how I saved!

This was no well-planned trip.
In fact, I just planned to run to the grocery real quick to pick up milk, toilet paper ...
you know, the things that you can't go without ;)

However, I decided to look over the sale ad before leaving & saw that there were some great deals
with the Mega Sale {buy 5, save $5}.
This is hands down, when I always get the best deals.

It's a rare occasion that I use manufacturer's coupons anymore.
We don't take the paper & I don't buy one on Sunday just for the coupons.
Truthfully, I just don't have the time to clip the coupons & plan out the trips like I used to.

What I do use are the ecoupons that I load onto my Kroger card!
There are always good ones & often times, they are picked for me based on what I buy.
Every now & then, I will get a package of coupons through the mail from Kroger,
but those don't come as often as they used to.
I think they are seeming to move towards the online coupons.

Today, I used a combo of three things to get these savings:
  • ecoupons loaded to my Kroger card
  • Kroger coupons that came through the mail
  • coupons that printed out at the Kroger register
 
Now, I didn't plan on blogging about this, so it's not as put together as the big-time savings blogger.
It's just to show how I saved considerably with very minimal time spent.
And unfortunately, you most likely can't take advantage of every deal that I did,
because you may not have loaded the same ecoupons to your card
or have the same coupons that came by mail.
{Sorry about that.}

I can't share every single good deal, cause I had quite a few of them, but I'll show the best ones.



This one is my favorite, I think.
It was not part of the mega sale.
150 oz. Purex on sale for $7.99
- $3 off 2  ecoupon
- buy 2, get 1 free peeler coupon
$4.33 each 





Mega Sale Items {Buy 5, Save $5}

Great Lash mascara $2.49 close out price
- $1 mega sale came off
- $2 mail coupon
Free + $.51 overage

Loreal nail polish $2.49 close out price
- $1 mega sale came off
- $2 mail coupon
Free + $.51 overage 

{Being a close out item, these should not have gotten the $1 off mega sale discount.
I even asked at customer service to be sure, but for whatever reason, they still came up as part of the sale.}







Frizz-Ease $5.99
- $1 off mega sale
- $3 off 2 Kroger mail coupon
$3.49 each 


Oscar Meyer carving board lunch meat $3.49
- $1 off mega sale
- $.75 ecoupon
$1.74 


Oscar Meyer carving board lunch meat $3.49
- $1 off mega sale
- $2 ecoupon
$.49


Edy's ice cream $3.49
- $1 mega sale
- $1 ecoupon
- $1.50 register coupon
Free + .01 overage




Resolve $2.79
- $1 mega sale
- $.75 ecoupon
$1.04





Gevalia bagged coffee $6.99
- $1 mega sale
- $2.25 ecoupon
- $1.00 ecoupon
$2.74

Gevalia bagged coffee $6.99
- $1 mega sale
- $1.00 ecoupon
- $.50 ecoupon
$4.49





Freebie Friday items:

Kraft BBQ sauce
Snapple tea




I also had an ecoupon for $2 off produce.

Total savings:
coupons: $28.50
Kroger savings: $103.82



Now, remember those register coupons I mentioned above ... well, lucky me!
These printed out for me yesterday!
So, I think I'll run back up to Kroger in a bit to use these cause today is the last day of the mega sale.
The Old Orchard juice is $.99 & the Edy's is $2.49 {if you buy 5 items that are part of the sale}.
So, I'll buy 2 juices & 3 ice creams for $6.95!
The juices will be $.49 each & the ice cream will be $1.99.




And for one last big savings ... before I went grocery shopping yesterday, 
I redeemed 100 fuel points at the gas station saving $1 a gallon on gas!

All in all, I did pretty good today at Kroger!! =) 


*My tip for the best savings using ecoupons at Kroger: get on the site often.
I don't know the rhyme or reason as to when the new coupons are added,
but when they're gone, they're gone.
So check the site regularly & add any coupons that you think you may use.

 

Happy savings, everyone!






Who doesn't love a good party?!
You can find me here linking up with these great blogs.

Monday           Amaze Me Monday  The Dedicated House
                     I Should Be Mopping the Floor     The Hankful House     The Modest Mom
Tuesday        A Delightsome Life    A Bowl Full of Lemons  
                                    Titus Tuesday  A Stroll Through Life
Wednesday   Raising Homemakers        Savvy Southern Style      
                              The Thrifty Home   A Wise Woman Builds Her Home
Thursday    Between Naps on the Porch    Katherines Corner   Lamberts Lately
Friday      Rooted in Thyme  The Thrifty Groove   Farm Blog Hop  Best of the Nest
                                French Country Cottage  The Girl Creative
Sunday    Nifty Thrifty Things  Sew Many Ways

2 comments:

  1. Angela, I love using coupons and saving....but I could never be an extreme couponer. I am impressed by them. Blessings to you and yours. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either! I do not have the time or energy for all that! Thanks for the visit & hope you are doing well.

      Delete