Friday, January 21, 2011

God Knows Our Needs Before We Know Them Ourselves

The office is the hub of our home.
It's where the magic happens.
Filled with lots & lots {& lots} of books, it's where James studies, prepares sermons & plans our family worship lessons.
It is where he pays the bills & balances the books.
He must've know he'd be spending a fair amount of time in this room because he had a distinct plan for how he wanted it decorated ... very manly with rich colors & fabric.
It's warm & inviting ... & once settled in, you can easily stay a while.




I work in the office usually one day each week.
I do school-related business, anywhere from filing & organizing materials, to typing tests or printing supplementary online resources.
I visit my online coupon sites & do any necessary printing.




Today as I was sitting at the desk, which is one of my favorite pieces in our home
{it's a family heirloom made by James' great-great grandfather}, I was thinking about what a blessing this home office is to our family!
When we bought this house several years ago, an office was not on the list of 'must haves'.
At that time, our children were in a Christian school ... we had not yet begun our homeschool journey.
James was serving in a different capacity, in both ministry & career.
Yet God knew that we'd eventually need this office.




I begin to think how amazing it is that God knows our needs before we even know we have a need!
He knows them from the beginning ... but in our eyes, we can look back at God's faithfulness  & see how He worked days, months, sometimes even years in advance on our behalf in supplying these needs!

We know to pray such as this:

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.       Matthew 7:7-8

Many times I have petitioned the Father exactly that way.
I have asked {which translates to BEGGED & PLEADED}.
I have knocked {again, translated to POUNDED, ... relentlessly}.
And what an increase in my faith when I see answers to these prayers!

But then there are other times when this scripture applies just perfectly:

...for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him. 
Matthew 6:8

That's exactly what this office is!
We didn't necessarily need an office, therefore, we hadn't asked for one!
But, God knew.

I am reminded again of his faithfulness & providential hand.
I know that right now, at this very moment, on things I don't even know about, God is working for me!

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.  Romans 8:28


This is 1 of 2 antique cherry lyre back chairs we found at an antique store.  Since these pictures were taken, we've changed the carpet & added some new decor.  I also haven't taken a picture of our desk.  So, I'll get to snappin' & add the updated pictures soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment