Monday, August 20, 2012

Good Deals at Kroger & Meijer

Kroger is having their mega event again this week & I took advantage of some good deals!
You've got til Wednesday to scoop up on these savings!

The way the mega event works, for every 10 items you buy that are part of the deal,
you get $5 off.
What sweetens the deal is when you combine coupons to save even more.
That is exactly what I did these week.

I planned out my shopping trip to include 40 items in the mega event,
counting off & marking my list carefully, mind you.
If you come up short an item or two, it will throw off your whole deal.
{If that ever happens, they can suspend your order til you grab what you need ...
or they can scan an item twice & you can run back to pick up another when you are finished.}

The bonus, the super good deal for this week was the Fiber One & Nature Valley granola bars.
They are on sale through August 26 as part of the mega event.
Here's how it works:

$2.49 Fiber One Bars
-$0.50 on each when you mix/match 10 participating items
-$0.50/1 Fiber One Chewy Bars coupon (from 7-8 SS or 8-5 GM)
Final price $.99

Now, that's a good deal, in & of itself ... but here's where the bonus comes in!
Kroger is offering a catalina too:
Buy 3 Fiber One Chewy Bars {many varieties} in one transaction, 
get a $1.00 checkout coupon valid on your next order. 
Buy 4, get $2.00. Buy 5 or more, get $3.00. Limit 1 offer per transaction. (through 9/2)
OR
Buy 3 Nature Valley Bars in one transaction, get a $1.00 checkout coupon valid on your next order. Buy 4, get $2.00; buy 5 or more, get $3.00. Limit 1 offer per transaction. (through 9/2)


I did both deals!
I bought 11 boxes total ... 6 Fiber One & 5 Nature Valley & received two $3.00 checkout coupons!
Woohoo!
Funny thing, I didn't even know this catalina was going on!

So, I have 2 coupons for $6 off my next trip
OR
 if you look at it this way, I got all these items for $9.63!
{I tallied up what I paid for all these items, taking the $6 off}


I pack 3 work lunches every day for my hubs & 2 sons, so these granola bars won't last long.
With only 6 in a box, we can go through 1 box every 2 days.
This was definitely a good deal for us.

I got the Ragu for free {a coupon by mail from Kroger to get a free jar of Ragu}.

The Irish Spring was also free.
It shows in the ad to be $1.49 {after the .50 off for the mega event}, but mine rang up for .99.
I added a .50 coupon which doubled to $1, making it free!
{There's also an ecoupon that you can load to your Kroger card.}

The Hefty bags were .99 {mega event} & combined with coupons, they were .49 a box.

So, you've still got time to make a quick trip to Kroger to get in on some good deals!

{BTW, I could've shared lotsss of things this week, as all of my mega events items were paired
with coupons & ended up being pretty cheap, but it was just too much to post.
I used $28.42 in manu/Kroger coupons & saved $95.39 by using my Kroger plus card.}

On Saturday, I made a quick trip to Meijer for their Super Saturday Sale.
The best deal here was the Soft Soap.
It's was on sale for .99 ... & if you bought 4, you got a coupon back for $4 off your next purchase!
{basically, you were getting your 4 Soft Soaps for free!}

This week's freebie items!

I rolled my $4 coupon right onto my 2nd purchase which was the Peter Pan peanut butter
that was $1.67 each, part of the Super Saturday Sale.
Last year at back-to-school time, I stocked up on Peter Pan pb for .99.
I was hoping to see that deal again, but no such luck.

As far as CVS/Walgreens, I didn't see any deals last week that were worth taking advantage of,
except the .99 eggs which I price-matched at Walmart.

Couponing & planning out your grocery trip is work & takes time, but it's worth it to see the savings.
The money saved can be put toward something else {like vacation!}


3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT...YOU GO "BLESSED AND HIGHLY FAVORED ONE"! AMEN..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT...YOU GO "BLESSED AND HIGHLY FAVORED ONE"! AMEN..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! you must feel great about your savings.

    ReplyDelete