Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Meijer Freebies



I haven't been die-hard {grocery} couponing lately for a few reasons.

1 -- It's over-stock . com around here in the HBA department!
I've got more razors than you could shake a stick at, so I've somewhat taken a chill pill.
I'm still doing CVS & rolling my bucks, but only on items that I really need.
Free or not, no more razors & deodorant til my stock is gone ;)

2 -- During the busyness of the Christmas season,
I don't spend as much time on matching coupons & deals.
I just don't want to spend the extra time in this area.
I try to be well-stocked on pantry/freezer items so when I do go to the grocery,
it's not for a mammoth food haul.

On Thursday, I went to Meijer {their deals were best this week}.
All the pictured freebies came from there.
The deals run through tomorrow, so you still have a chance to get grab these.

I particularly liked the Campbell's soup deal.
The chicken noodle & tomato soups were .59 a can ...
& when you buy 5 cans, you get a box of Meijer crackers for free.
I wasn't sure how many times you could do this, but I did it 4 times, all in one order.
I needed to stock on soup.

The bread {that I forgot to put in the pic} was free for buying 2 pkgs of cheese.

The conditioner & toothbrushes were on sale ... & matched with a coupon =  free!

{A friend recently shared a recipe with me for homemade fabric softener using this scent of Suave.
I got these specifically to try it out. 
I'll blog the recipe if it works out.}

Each freebie in my cart means me paying less at the register.
That, I like!

Hope you are wheelin' & dealin' this Christmas season too =)




1 comment:

  1. You did great. I am impressed. Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop. This weeks party is live. I hope to see you there.

    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/12/6-crafts-and-recipes-and-wednesdays.html

    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    Joye and Myrna @ The Busy Bee's

    Linda @ With A Blast

    ReplyDelete