Monday, February 8, 2016

Angel Food Trifle


Since it's Valentine's week, I think I'll share a couple other sweet treat recipes!
This one is for Angel Food Trifle.
Back in the summer, I had a angel food cake & needed to come up with a quick dessert for family night.
Slicing up the cake & eating it plain would have been simply delicious, but I knew I could use it
as a base for something cold & fruity, which is what I was in the mood for.


 


I made a box of vanilla pudding first.
I love that as a dessert ingredient!
It comes together right before your eyes, so quick & simple.
Next, I began layering all the ingredients with the angel food cake that I tore into large pieces:
cake, pudding, banana, pineapple, cherries, & blueberries.
At the end, I topped it off with a layer of whipped topping.






Now, what's kind of comical about this dessert & it's title, I don't own a trifle dish!
Otherwise, I might have taken a more blog-worthy photo
(or maybe not because I general forget to take photos until after the fact).
So, my angel food trifle was actually made in a large bowl, but calling it an 'angel food bowl'
just isn't any fun at all!





The evening I served this dessert, we ate dinner with all our family out on the patio.
(It's a great summertime dessert cause it's cold & refreshing!)
After Abigail (our DIL) finished up, she said she thinks this was her favorite dessert that I have made!
It checked all the right boxes for her ... & I'm pretty sure I need to make it for her again soon.

I know it's not warm outside, at least in my neck of the woods,
but this would make a fun Valentine dessert to make this week!
You could even serve it in individual clear punch cups & stick a cherry right on top.


Thanks for visiting & lots of love to all of you!


Angel Food Trifle

  • 1 angel food cake, torn into large pieces
  • 1 box of vanilla pudding, made according to box directions
  • 1 tub of whipped topping
  • 1 banana sliced
  • 1 cup of fresh blueberries
  • 1 can of pineapple chunks, drained
  • 1 can of cherry pie filling

In a trifle dish (or a lg. bowl), layer cake, pudding, & various fruits.
Top with a layer of whipped topping.
Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.




Who doesn't love a good party?!
You can find me here linking up with these great blogs.

Monday           Amaze Me Monday     Coastal Charm    The Dedicated House
                     I Should Be Mopping the Floor     The Hankful House     The Modest Mom
Tuesday        A Delightsome Life  Titus Tuesday  A Stroll Through Life
Wednesday   Raising Homemakers        Savvy Southern Style      
                              The Thrifty Home   A Wise Woman Builds Her Home
Thursday    Between Naps on the Porch    Katherines Corner 3D Lessons for Life
           Hope in Every Season     Lamberts Lately
Friday      Rooted in Thyme  The Thrifty Groove   Farm Blog Hop   Flea Market Friday   Missional Women
 Best of the Nest  Anything Blue Friday   French Country Cottage  The Girl Creative
Sunday    Nifty Thrifty Things   Simple Saturdays    Sew Many Ways

3 comments:

  1. ohh yes fresh fruit, whipped cream and cake is always welcome here! love the ingredients in your trifle, thank you for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly feel the same way! LOL
      Thanks for visiting! I stopped over to your page & I have to say, you crocheted the cutest little doggie sweater ever! Have a great day.

      Delete
  2. That looks delicious! I'm pinning this and will definitely make it. It's healthy but yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete