Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Fall Decorations

Our home seems to just lend itself to fall decor.
Our walls are painted a warm earthy palette.
The living room walls are a leathered treatment (took me 2 full days to complete!).
Our dining room has an accent wall of pumpkin...& the other walls (& into the kitchen) are painted 'ponytail'...kind of a soft, sandy color.
The office is chocolate brown.
You get the idea.


So, when fall time rolls around, decorating is a breeze!
At the end of August, I pull in the 2 orange storage totes that I keep in the garage, filled with scarecrows, leaf garland, keepsakes the boys have made through the years, & porcelain pumpkins & goards.
I tuck these autumnal things here & there, changing around my tablescapes, placemats, napkins & tableclothes to bring the fall colors inside.


This hangs here to somewhat hide the thermostat;)
I switch out the greenery each season or add a few new sprigs/branches to change the look.




I moved my antique mirror from the wall to my coffeetable...by adding a scarecrow & a fall swag, I've got a pretty tablescape.






I change out the plates each season in these wall plate holders.
I look through my photo albums for pictures of our family taken in the fall months...ones that showcase the beautiful oranges & reds...& put them out into frames.


This collage is a freebie from Walgreens {pics from our day at the orchard}.
By adding an orange border, it's the perfect addition to the fall decor.


This shadowbox was a gift from a dear friend. 
I switch out the picture with the season/occasion {when it's someone's bday month, I put a pic from a past bday party}.
I added the leaves behind the picture.


I love it all so much that I kinda hate to pack it all away.
My sister & I take turns hosting Thanksgiving.
So, every other year, it's at our house.
When it's our turn, all our fall decor stays out through Thanksgiving...no Christmas decorating til afterward.



We keep out the turkeys, pilgrims & pumpkins to keep the Thanksgiving theme front & center.
This year, it'll be at our house, so we'll get to enjoy my favorite season of all a little longer!


This 'Autumn' sign is my favorite.  It's on an old piece of barn wood & the hanger is barbed wire.
I picked it up at a yard sale.


I'll post pictures of our Thanksgiving table in a couple days. 
Can't wait to use all the mini-pumpkins I got at the farmers market for 10 cents each!



Front porch decor




He who thanks but with the lips, thanks but in part;
The full, the true Thanksgiving comes from the heart.
~J.A. Shedd

No comments:

Post a Comment