Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Trash Pick

Have you ever gone trash picking...dumpster diving?
Ya know, taking a day & making a specific plan to go digging through trash?


I have NOT ... nor do I ever intend to, but I do have some friends who have.
They especially like to go to colleges at the end of the school year & scoop up things that the students have left behind.


My husband has found some pretty amazing things, just by chance, that folks have tossed out to trash.
He just happened to be driving by the right place at the right time.
Probably his best find was a set of beauty shop chairs, in great condition, which he sold for $75 each!
Our 1st lawn mower was picked from someone's trash.
It started right up, not a thing wrong with it...& we used it for 3 years!
There have been numerous other items that have been put out for trash {too many to mention} that James has brought home...2 gorgeous flower pots recently.
{The other day, he found a chain saw on the side of the road...a nice one, in the case.
Apparently, it had fallen off someone's truck!}

But last November, I entered the ranks!!
I trash picked!!
How could I not when this beauty was sitting out in my parent's neighbors' garbage?


This beautiful picture had been put out in the trash!!
We had just gotten home from the Smoky Mountains.
While James & 2 of the boys were getting things carried in, Gunnar & I ran to my parent's house to pick up our dog, Cooper.
As we were heading down the street, my headlights landed on this, wedged in between 2 trash cans.
I slowed down, but drove on, thinking for sure it was probably damaged.
I quickly decided that I had to at least look at it, so I backed up.


I am so glad I did.
There's not one thing wrong with this beautiful piece of art!
It's got the price tag on the back {JC Penney $275}!!


Now, for the really special part to this story!
We had looked all over in TN to find a seasonal picture to hang in the living room, but no such luck...
only to come home & on that very day find this!
I like to think that God had a little something to do with it.


This picture went into my closet until I did our fall decorating in September.


It'll hang here until late March when I'll switch back to my summer decor...
& everytime I look at it, I'll be reminded of all our many unexpected blessings...
some even out of the trash;)

Ecc. 3:11  He hath made everything beautiful in His time~

No comments:

Post a Comment