Friday, July 29, 2011

Criss-Cross Cheesy Bread

I found a round loaf of bread on the mark-down rack at Kroger,
& it reminded me of a recipe that I found years ago in a Taste of Home magazine.
I haven't made it in a long time, so I thought it was time to dig it out ...
& share it with all of you.
I can't remember the exact name of the recipe,
so I made one up that I think suits it just fine.
If you like bread, butter, cheese & garlic, well, you're sure to love this recipe!

Here are the ingredients you need:

1 round loaf of bread, any type or flavor you prefer



shredded mozzarella {a cup or so}, garlic, parsley, & butter



Slice into the bread, not cutting completely through to the bottom, first in one
direction & then in the opposite.
This makes the criss-cross pattern.




Now, for the next couple steps, I can't remember the exact method, so I improvised a bit.

In a small bowl, stir together a cup cheese {more or less}, 2 tsp. of minced garlic
& 1 tsp. chopped parsley.
After mixing well, begin to stuff the cheese mixture into all the criss-crosses in the bread.
Distribute the cheese mixture evenly throughout.



Dot the top {or brush} with butter.
Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted throughout.




The best thing about this is how the mozzarella streeetches when you pull it apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment