Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins


I always seem to have a couple bananas that haven't been eaten in time.
You know the ones ... brown & soft, almost to the point of mushy.
Tossing those in banana bread is always a winner, but sometimes I like to find 
new recipe to use my brown bananas in.
I came across this in one of my favorite cookbooks {The Best of Mennonite Fellowship Meals} 
& upon discovering how delish these are, this has been my new go-to recipe.

 


These are super cinchy to make.

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

3-4 large bananas, mashed
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 c. butter, melted
1/2 c. chocolate chips

Blend bananas, sugar, & egg together.
Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, & salt.
Blend well, then stir in butter & chocolate chips.
Fill paper-lined muffin tins 1/3 full.
Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.

Nothing makes your house smell as good as banana anything in the oven!

A freebie tip:  You can stick brown bananas in the freezer for later use.
My recommendation is to wrap them in plastic wrap & then stick them into a freezer bag.
This will help the smell of the bananas to not permeate throughout the whole freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment