Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Mom's Cherry Graham Cracker Layer Dessert!

I am a collector of recipes.
I have lots of recipe books, love watching the Food Network & check out recipe websites in my spare time.
I have recipes that have been passed down & some that I've randomly accumulated here & there.
I've often asked about a recipe at a church dinner or reunion & the person will launch in to telling me how to make it right then & there.
I'll hurry & scribble it down on a piece of scrap paper from my purse.
Sometimes, the actual name of the recipe gets lost in the shuffle ... or you're never even told what it is.

Well, that's exactly why the recipe I'm sharing today is titled as it is!
My mom has been making this dessert for a loonng time.
In fact, this is one of the 1st recipes I remember my mom letting me help to make when I was a little girl.
{It's super kid-friendly!}
As for it's actual name though, well, none of us know what it is.
So, for the sake of this blog, I'm ganna call it:
My Mom's Cherry Graham Cracker Layer Dessert!
{what a mouthful!}

Here's what you need:



Mix together 2 small boxes of instant vanilla pudding with 3 cups of milk.
Stir in whipped topping.
Line the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan with graham crackers.  
Spread half of the pudding mixture over graham cracker layer.
Top with another layer of graham crackers and the remaining pudding.
For the final layer, top with cherry pie filling.
Refrigerate until serving.


This is super simple & no baking required.
It's a refreshing, cool dessert for the warm summer months.

1 comment: