Friday, June 17, 2011

All I need is a hat ... & a basket


I am the girl who rides the pretty seafoam green bicycle ... in a cute, summery skirt.

All I need is a hat ... & a basket.




Ok, sometimes it's a brown skirt, but you get the idea.


As for the hats ... well, I have plenty of those.
They're even the 'right' kind for riding a pretty seafoam green bicycle.
You know the kind ... wide-brimmed & floppy, maybe with a ribbon or a flower.

As I was riding this week, I realized that 3 of my favorite movies have these very things ...
skirts, hats, bicycles & baskets!

Here's Minnie Driver in 'Return to Me'.
Doesn't she have the prettiest red bicycle, complete with a basket AND a bow!!?!
Throughout the whole movie, she wears the most adorable skirts.
Such a sweet lil' movie.




Here's my favorite actress,  Julia Roberts,  in 'Eat Pray Love'.
I couldn't pull off this kind of hat, but I'm pretty sure Julia could pull off a feed sack ;)


I love the part of the movie when she's in Italy, learning the art of 'eating'.



Here she is again in 'Mona Lisa Smile.'


Love these girls riding, all in their cardigans, scarves & skirts.
One of the best things about this movie is the fabulous & feminine outfits.

That, & the fact that they ride bicycles with baskets.

So,  I'm left to wonder ...
does wearing a hat make bike-riding more fun?
I'm going to have to try it to see.
I'll be sure & let you know ... right after I get my basket attached.


**UPDATE:  a few months after posting this, a sweet friend of mine bought me
an adorable basket for my bicycle!!
It is absolutely perfect.
I need to snap a picture of it on my bike so you can see how great it is!
I tune in to Pandora on my phone, toss it in the basket, & I'm serenaded as I am riding!





*I'd recommend using a movie editor like Hollygood, Purified Pictures,
Clean Play DVDs, etc. when watching secular movies.
Although some of these companies have gone out of business, you can still find
the dvds pretty easily.
We don't watch many movies, but when we do, we use an editor of some type
as often as possible.
All the objectionable parts {language, violence, mushy stuff, etc.} are edited out.
How cool is that?!
I have several other tips & info on this subject ... makes me think I should share it
all in a future blog.

1 comment:

  1. I think hats make everything more fun! :) And thanks for the editor tip! I have never even heard of such a thing! :)

    ReplyDelete