Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 20 ~ 30 Days of Thanks

Today, I'm thankful for the little things.
This past week has been full of them.

I discovered I had forgotten to pick up an ingredient for a recipe late on Saturday night.
I sent Gunnar to go it get for me ... & he came home with these too!




Talk about melting momma's heart.


While the guys were on their hunting trip on Friday, I drove down to spend the day
with my beautiful sister-in-law & aunt-in-law, Christine & Lisa.
There's a bit of a drive between us, so we don't get to see each other often enough.
We spent the day just talking & catching up ... & I got to have plenty of quality time
lovin' on my new little niece.
Isn't she adorable?!






We had top-notch entertainment from Lisa's little guys.
They sang to me 'O Christmas Tree' & a brand new song, "I Am Da Tiga" ...
their interpretation of "Eye of the Tiger."
They were lots of fun.




While cleaning out my piano bench on Saturday, I found a card from my precious
friend, Stacy.
I remember how much I loved it when she gave it to me ...
& all this time later {several years}, I love it just as much.



It says, "If you need to lean awhile, I'm here."
Is there anymore that needs to be said?
I think not.
She's been the most loyal friend I've ever had ... & I count her as a true blessing from God.


I think this quote sums things up just right:

"Enjoy the little things ... for one day you may look back
& realize they were the big things."
~Robert Brault

 

No comments:

Post a Comment