Wednesday, April 4, 2012

It's the Little Things

I don't need earth-shattering moments in order to feel happy.
Those are good, mind you, but my earth-shattering moments are far & few between.

Every day, though, is filled with little things in which to find happiness.
Little things that bring a smile, the feeling of home, warmth, security ...
the feeling of 'things are well in my world.'

Here a few little things that made me happy this week.

Farm fresh eggs {all the way from Oklahoma ~ thanks, Nix Family!}



Organic raw cow's milk bought from an Amish family ... as fresh as you can get.



New decorative plates found on the 90% off shelf at Hobby Lobby ... 
they were a dollar something.




We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
Totally sums up how I feel about the family God has blessed me with.


The plates are the perfect pop of spring green for the dining room wall.

My amaryllis's are peeking through!
These are the ones I didn't have a pic of here.


Last but so not least, you know you have a true friend when she not only 
buys you an adorable mug {a gift from several years ago}, but she also buys you 
a delicious box of latte!!
Chocolate lovers ... yes, that perfectly describes us.
Jody, you are a friend who knows what's necessary in life ;)



In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. 
For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed. 
~Khalil Gibran

You have put more joy in my heart than they have when their grain and wine abound.
Ps. 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment