Monday, May 28, 2012

Give Thanks & Take Nothing For Granted

I blog for various reasons.

One main reason is to remember.
Another reason is to express my gratefulness.

This particular blog is a delightful mix of both.

This month has been an overflow, an abundance of blessings straight from the hands 
of my family & friends ...
& in one extra-special blessing from a stranger.

Each & every time I think of the kindness poured out by people who love the Lord ... & love me, 
I feel so overwhelmed.
I certainly don't feel I deserve to be a recipient of any of this generosity, but my heart 
is filled to the brim with gratefulness.


This delightful basket was given to me by my friend, Jenny.




I love every item included: a notebook, hand towel, devotion book, & a jar full 
of brownie mix {a special mix of a more healthy version}...& I LOVE the handmade gift tag!


Next came these fresh flowers from my son, Gunnar.
He said as he gave me these, "Here, Mom ... thought it had been a while since I brought you flowers ...
you're the other woman in my life."
Yep, I'm now the other woman.





 Next came this card in the mail ...it was a card thanking me for sending a card.
How sweet was that?!


This sweet gift was from my friend, Aleisa ... just a 'thinking of you' gift.
{The bag was so cute, it deserved a pic!}

 
I love it ... every time I look at it, it will remind me to say a prayer for her.


The message on the card touched my heart.
{She has such a way with words.}


 A few days ago, I got another beautiful card in the mail!
Thank you, Carissa ...love you so much.



And lastly, here's my surprise gift that came from a sweet "Call Her Blessed" reader, Tamie!




Tamie, from Idaho, sent me this note in February:

"I know that we don't know each other, but I wanted you to know how much I look forward to reading your blog.  I truly appreciate your scriptures and knowledge and guidance and recipes!  : )  You are surely an inspiration.  Thank you."

I cannot even begin to tell you how shocked I was to get this note!!
It made my day ...my whole week, in fact!
It was encouragement right at the very time I needed it.
I seem to struggle so much to 'find my voice' in the blogosphere ... & none of my blogs come easy!!
I had been wondering if I should even continue blogging.
What perfect timing.
Tamie words were fitly spoken.

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver. Proverbs 25:11

After corresponding a bit back & forth, Tamie shared that she crochets for a Russian orphanage & asked if it would be alright for her to make me a hand-made gift!!
Again, I was overwhelmed!!!!!

I felt like a kid on Christmas morning when this package came in the mail.







She asked for my kitchen colors ... & they are a perfect match!
What a beautiful package of 2 hot pads & 2 dishcloths, perfectly tied up with a bow!



 
Isn't it amazing how God chooses to show His love to His children?
When He fills our heart with His love, we can't help but share it with others.
 

By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” 
John 13:35

CS Lewis says it this way: “Is any pleasure on earth as great as a circle of Christian friends...”

 Life is full of give and take. Give thanks & take nothing for granted.

1 comment:

  1. That's amazing! What a blessing to know you've had an opportunity to BE a blessing!

    ReplyDelete