Thursday, April 21, 2011

Decorating for Spring ~ The Dining Room

Here's the 'part 2' of decorating for spring, this time showing the dining room.
I've switched out to the spring items, spending just a little bit to add
a few new things here & there.

I'm quite please with the results.


I wanted to make a couple new arrangements for our dining room table
{I love the ones I've used for the past several years, but wanted something different ...
a bit smaller}.
I found these already put together at Meijer, clearanced down from $39.99 to $8.99!!
I scooped up 2 of them, saving myself the trouble of making them!
Here they are on our table.




The 3-tiered server was a flea market find several years back.
I decided to use it on the table to house the napkins, one of my artichoke candle holders & my new glass-domed thingamajig.
I'd been wanting one of these for a while & ran across this one at Goodwill for $5.
It's not exactly the size & shape I had in mind, but it'll work just fine while I keep my eye out for the perfect one.
I already had a loaf of fake bread ... it looks great under the dome.


These place settings were purchased 3 springs ago.
I use them til the end of summer when it's time to switch to fall decor.



By switching out plates in these plate holders, it's easy to achieve
an updated seasonal look.
The scene on these remind me of vacation.


I LOVE the saying on this plaque!
It & the basket are finds from my favorite flea market.




Here's the china cabinet.
I couldn't seem to get it quite like I was wanting, but it'll do.
I do love, however, the new 'pray' piece that I picked up for $4.99.




Another one of my favorite arrangements ... this one in our eat-in kitchen area.
The picture is an oldie from Home Interior.
The 2 pieces are from where else ... my favorite flea market, of course.



Come back tomorrow for spring in the kitchen!

2 comments: