Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Decorating for Spring ~ The Living Room

I love pastel-colored eggs, bird's nests & pretty spring wreaths ...
& this year, I'm particularly 'in' to tulips.
I started decorating for spring right after Valentine's Day, maybe a bit early for some,
but when the stores start putting out the Spring/Easter items, I'm ready to get mine out...
& maybe add a new thing or two.

Here are a few simple, inexpensive examples of how I brought spring into our home.


I added a couple of these little bird's nests here & there.
This one is tucked into some existing greenery in the kitchen.
I think I paid $1.29 or so for each of these.



This is an up-close shot of a triple nest with eggs.
Here it is on my table in the living room, along with one of my favorite finds...
the little terra cotta pot of yellow tulips.



The triple nests were on clearance last year for less than $1
& the tulips were $1.99.
I added some new greenery to the wall urn {kinda remind me of dandelion greens}.
The greenery was clearanced for a couple dollars.


I fell in love with the pot {$8} with the little bird on it!
I knew it would be perfect with the bird I found last year at the flea market {$3}.
I added the various greenery, the purple flowers & the other nest.
It's sitting on my antique mirror, along with 3 shabby chic candle holders & an old book.
These are all pieces I've gotten at flea markets through the years.




On the piano, the only new items I added are the tulips {$2 for all}  
& the yellow bird {$1.99}.
All the other items were just moved from various places in the house to complete this arrangement.


I bought in pairs:  2 bunches of tulips, 2 terra cotta pots w/tulips, 2 yellow birds & 2 nests.
Total spent for these items:  a little over $18.
By adding a few new things to my favorite existing pieces, I've got a totally fresh, new look!

No comments:

Post a Comment