Monday, August 15, 2011

Anybody seen my creativity?
If you find it, please return it ...
and quickly!

I've decided to completely re-do the main wall in our living room & let me tell ya,
a little creativity would go a long way right about now.

Knowing what you'd like it to look like & getting it that way ...
well, that's two whole different ballgames.

In my mind, it's perfect ... & gorgeous!
{Also in my mind, I'm 120 lbs & live in a beach house in South Carolina ...
& we all know that's not true!!}

Ahhhh ... giggles.

Anyhoo ...
I'm going for more of a collage look this time around, using a few of my favorite pieces ...
& thanks to good ol' google, I'm getting the creative juices flowing.

Here's a few looks that I'm liking.

This one if verrry close to my wall color.



Found this one over at the Urban Daisies blog.  SO cute!


This one is from lepapier.blogspot


This one ... I'm realllly liking!

This one came from Embellish!  She's good!


Oh yea, I'm getting some inspiration.

Here are the two pieces I'm starting with.
Not sure if they'll stay in this position, but this is where I've got them for now.


How I love my chippy old window pane & my antique mirror that I bought
at a barn sale.

I've got 3 other pieces that I want to rob from our bedroom but my conscience
just won't let me.
That would create another project ... having to re-do the decor on that wall.

All I know for sure is that I want to use these 2 existing pieces, a letter 'P' somewhere
or another ... & I want to use mostly creams, blacks, & browns.

We shall see how it comes out.
I'm giving myself 2 weeks.

I'll post pics of the final look ... then you can be the judge if my creativity came back!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! I love it all! Makes me want to get my creative juices flowing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete