Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Best Ever Pizza Sauce




Make this homemade pizza sauce once & you'll never use store-bought pizza sauce again!
Promise ... it's that easy & it's that good!
I've been making this for several years now & I wouldn't think of using anything else.
The taste is rich & delicious.
My husband is a saucy guy.
He likes pizza sauce, marinara ... he's probably never met a sauce he didn't like ... but this one, he loves!
I always make extra, enough for the pizza & a little more for dipping.
And oftentimes, I make a double or triple batch & stick in the freezer.
Pop it out a few hours before you need it & you're good to go.



Ingredients:
6 oz tomato paste
8 oz tomato sauce
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. minced garlic or garlic salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

I love using fresh garlic & thanks to my garlic press, there's no tedious work mincing or chopping it.
Plus, my fingers don't smell like garlicy goodness.


Pop in the whole glove of garlic, skin & all, & press through.
Viola, perfect minced garlic!


After mixing all the ingredients, here's what you've got.
I wish you could smell this through the screen!
Oh people, it's reallly, realllly good.



Makes me feel all Italianish ... & I want to burst into song ;)
When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore ... 
Bells'll ring ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting-a-ling-a-ling,
la la la la la la hmm hmmm hmmm ....that's amore.

Happy cooking, friends~

2 comments:

  1. This sounds nice & easy. Can't wait to try it and see how good it is.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delish! Thanks for sharing this at my Pin Me Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete