Thursday, October 11, 2012

DIY Lamp Makeover #2 ~ Burlap Rosettes



On Tuesday, I told you about my old lamp...the 21 yr old one.
It's first makeover came a couple years ago when I spray painted the metal part black
& the lamp shade heirloom white.
{If you've never tried spray painting an old lamp shade to spruce it up, go for it!}
Sorry, no 'before' pics of it.

Remember how I stripped all my glamorous shades of all their bling?
Bling, Be Gone!


Next, I put Shabby Bowtique {my in-home business} to work & created a beautiful trio of burlap rosettes,
accessorized with vintage buttons & pearls. 



Instead of hot gluing to the shade, I decided to mount the rosettes on a pin 
& simply stick it into my lamp shade.

credit
This way, if I am tired of the look, it's easily removable.
I can take it off & add it to another accessory.



I am completely in love with this ... so shabby chic ... so me.





This old lamp is looking pretty good for 21 years old ... new coat of paint & an accessory ...
what more do you need?! ;)

It lights up this corner of our living room just fine.

~Blessings

lamp ~ so old I've forgotten where it's from
shelf ~ flea market
potted plant ~ flea market
'He Shall Be Called' pic ~ Hob Lob
hat hanger ~ Old Time Pottery
James' hats ~ SteinMart

*If you'd like to order one of these burlap accessories for a lamp, pillow, or denim jacket,
stop on over at Shabby Bowtique & place an order.
Great prices!

2 comments:

  1. Great job! I am your newest follower. Stop by and help me make a slipcover for a lampshade. I have been working it out in my mind, but have yet to get it started.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm sure you'll have a beautiful lampshade pulled together in no time. Can't wait to see it =)

    ReplyDelete