Tuesday, October 30, 2012

How to skin a tomato!



I'm just getting around to sharing this little tip, but if you put this one in your memory bank,
when gardening time rolls around & your tomatoes are coming on, this will be a handy bit of info.

I used this technique all summer {& into the fall} to quickly skin our many tomatoes.
It's a simple & quick process.




Step 1:  After washing your tomatoes, score an 'x' on the bottom of each.
Step 2:  Place all tomatoes in a pan of boiling water & let them sit for 2-4 minutes.
Step 3:  Pour off all the hot water & refill with cold water.
Step 4:  After tomatoes have cooled {enough to touch - a couple of minutes}, the skin will slide right off!
             Slice off stem & core.  They are now ready to use in any recipe!

I used most of our garden tomatoes throughout the summer to make homemade salsa.
Remember when I shared the recipe for salsa that I found on Pinterest?
Let me tell you, I have made that SOO many times!
We almost won't eat any other salsa cause it's so good.
If you missed the recipe, check it out HERE.
Make it!
Don't delay!

Tomorrow, I'll share a delicious crock pot recipe for Spaghetti Sauce, given to me by a friend.
It was another recipe where I put the garden tomatoes to good use!
Be sure & check back.



No comments:

Post a Comment